- "Membership Card" means the card issued to you to enjoy benefits upon successful registration of the super e membership program. Unless otherwise specified, it refers to both physical card and electronic card on the mobile application ‘city'super HK'
- "Stored Value" refers to the money loaded onto the membership card
- "Loyalty Points" means the points awarded to you based on the net purchase at CSL stores and eShop
- "Effective Period" means the 12 months following the membership effective date or upgrade date or renewal date
- "Member Site" means pages of the CSL website which are accessible only to members
- "Private Label Cards" refer to the city'super Private Label Card and CODE Card issued in Hong Kong by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- "Stores" means physical retail outlets operated by CSL in Hong Kong
- "eShop" means the online retail outlet (www.citysuper.com.hk/E-shop/) operated by CSL in Hong Kong
2Application for Membership
- Applying for super e membership (“member”, including all membership tiers) is free provided that an applicant submits no more than three receipts issued by a local city'super/LOG-ON/cookedDeli store within the past 30 days with net amount totaling HK$600, excluding the purchase of city'super Gift Card and Shopping Voucher, as well as stored value top-up, delivery service charge and wrapping service charge. Application is also free with HK$600 or over in a single online transaction at CSL official eShop.
- If an application is successful, the applicant, who must be aged 18 years or above, will be given one electronic membership card on the mobile application “city'super HK”.
- Members can log into the Member Site or mobile application upon successful registration at any of our store or online. Once logged in, members can check their purchase and loyalty points record, as well as member rewards.
- To ensure super e member receiving the promotional offers and discounts, members may be requested to supplement or provide us with their complete and accurate personal data, including but not limited to their membership card ID, name, phone number, email address, birthday information and address.
- Unique user name (i.e. email address) may be used by a member to log into the Member Zone or mobile application, where you can also reset your password in the “Forgot Password” section.
- After a membership is activated, should a member execute a refund on the receipts of the products or services used for membership application and thereby result in a final transaction amount less than the amount required for membership application, his or her membership will be terminated and canceled.
- To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any claim, demand, liability or action resulting from customer/member's omission, neglect and/or failure to supply us with your updated information, or from the accuracy and completeness of those data.
3Membership & Validity
- super e membership will automatically expire if no purchase has been recorded in the past 36 months; in this case all unused balance will be automatically forfeited.
- super e-gold membership is valid for one year. Once a member accumulates HK$30,000 net spending within the membership effective period, his / her super e-gold membership will be automatically retained and renewed for next year; vice versa, if a member's accumulative net spending is less than HK$30,000, his / her super e-gold membership will be downgraded to super e accordingly. Effective period refers to the 12 months following the membership effective date or upgrade date or renewal date (i.e. if the effective date of super e upgraded to super e-gold is 1 September, the expiry date will be 31 August the following year).
- All membership accumulative purchase record will automatically reset to zero towards the end of effective period.
- Membership upgrade and downgrade are automatically handled by the system and based on the accumulated spending. Members cannot choose to be upgraded or not to be downgraded.
4Membership Usage & Member Discounts
- Any exercise of membership rights and any members-related transactions including payment with stored value, member discount, loyalty point accumulation, product exchange and refund and so on must be made with a membership card for the record purpose.
- A member can only use their designated electronic membership card to log into a mobile phone. The membership card is non-transferrable. If abuse or misuse is found, CSL reserves the right to terminate or suspend the membership.
- For any purchase at CSL eShop a member must log into his or her membership account to obtain the discount & loyalty points.
- city'super Private Label Card / CODE Card must be paid in full payment in single transaction to enjoy the designed discount; each transaction accepts one membership card only to accumulate loyalty points, use of eCoupons and store value.
- Shopping privileges are not applicable to purchasing Shopping Voucher, city’super Gift Card, discounted and specified items/counters and cannot be used in conjunction with city'super Private Label Card / CODE Card. Please refer to instore price tag and promotion materials. 10% discount is applicable to these affiliated merchants - Anteprima, Atsuro Tayama, INDIVI, OZOC, Pearly Gates, Furla, Heroic Rendezvous, Cocktail and Vetement.
- If a super e member applies for a physical membership card, or if a super e-gold member loses a physical card and thus require a replacement, a non-refundable handling fee of HK$40 will be charged.
- Purchase of city'super Gift Card and Shopping Voucher, super e card stored value top-up, delivery service charge and wrapping service charge will not qualify for any loyalty points, accumulative spending or free delivery service.
- Members should be responsible for the maintenance and use of their membership cards. CSL is not responsible for any loss incurred from stolen or loss of membership card.
- A member should notify us immediately by calling the Customer Service Hotline (852) 2736 3866 (Monday to Sunday, 10am-10pm) if any error occurs when conducting transaction with their card, or if a membership card is lost.
5Loyalty points, eCoupon & Stored Value
- By showing your super e card on payment, every dollar you spend at city'super, LOG-ON, cookedDeli stores and eShop will be converted to 1 loyalty point. The earned loyalty points may vary subject to different promotions.
- Loyalty points are valid for 12 months following the effective date of a membership, and loyalty points collected after this date will be calculated in calendar year. Loyalty points accumulated during this calendar year are valid from the effective date until the end of that year. Expired loyalty points will be automatically forfeited (exception of upgrade/ renewal for super e-gold member).
- Membership cards must be presented upon transaction to earn loyalty points. Members should check and update their electronic card before payment to ensure an efficient payment process.
- Spending records and loyalty points will be normally issued and updated within 36 hours upon purchase, except for specified promotions.
- Stored value in the card is non-returnable, non-refundable and non-transferable; all unused balance will be forfeited when membership expires.
- Members who forget to bring the membership card can contact Customer Service Counter on the same day before payment to get membership record card or barcode for recording the purchase and loyalty points. Membership data will be requested for identity verification purpose.
- The loyalty point records of CSL shall prevail. CSL will not accept any claim of missing loyalty points after transaction.
- Loyalty points are non-transferable, non-divisible and loyalty points stored in different membership card cannot be used in combination.
- Loyalty points can be checked on Member Site or mobile application; upon accumulating the designated amount of loyalty points, the corresponding eCoupon will be automatically issued. Once an eCoupon is issued, it implies the corresponding loyalty points have been deducted.
- All canceled transactions or shopping refunds will result in the automatic deduction of loyalty points obtained from it, including the extra loyalty points earned from specific promotions.
- All eCoupons are automatically issued by the system the following day based on the accumulated spending records, eCoupon as follow:
- super e: accumulated loyalty points of every 1,500 will be entitled to an eCoupon valued at HK$50.
- super e-gold: accumulated loyalty points of every 10,000 will be entitled to an eCoupon valued at HK$200.
- An eCoupon can be used only at Hong Kong stores, and is valid for 60 days. Overdue or expired eCoupon will not be reissued.
- eCoupon cannot be redeemed for cash or used to purchase Gift Card or Shopping Voucher and top up super e card. The total value of each eCoupon will be deducted in full when used. Any unused balance will be forfeited.
- eCoupon is non-transferable and must be used together with a membership card for verification.
- CSL is not responsible for any fraudulent third party use due to lost or leaked eCoupons.
- From time to time CSL will update and improve the loyalty points and eCoupon redemption arrangement. Members can check the membership site for latest terms and/or announcements.
- HK$3,000 is the highest value storable per membership card, HK$100 is the minimum. Value must be added in multiples of HK$100. The top-up service is available at stores only. If the card balance is insufficient to pay the required transaction, the card can be used in combination with cash, credit cards, EPS or Octopus card to settle the rest of the payment (excluding city'super Private Label Card/ CODE Card).
- Reminders of member benefits and promotions will be sent to members via email or SMS. Members should provide valid email address and mobile phone number to avoid missing out on important notices.
- CSL is not responsible for any case of undelivered email messages or notifications.
- CSL is not responsible for any loss of loyalty points due to technological or system problems.
- CSL has the absolute discretion to refuse and/or revoke the registration of any applicant and to terminate and/or cancel the registration of such applicant for any reason whatsoever. In the event a membership is terminated by us for any reason(s), related loyalty points will also be forfeited immediately.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity and unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of the Terms and Conditions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
- All terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong SAR and members agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the territory.
- CSL reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- Should there be any dispute, CSL reserves the right of final decision.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.